Monday, March 30, 2009

Babies, Babies, Babies


For a person with no babies of my own, I have been knitting a lot of baby items! I have two different baby showers that are quickly approaching, so I have been trying to make several items for each. This is the project for my best friend's baby, Isabella. Lena, my friend, is not a knitter, but she understands and appreciates the time and love that pours into knitting and crochet as they are created.



The pattern that I am using is called Soft Ripples Layette. It is found in the Leisure Arts book "Now You're Knitting". The pattern is credited to Designs by Jeannine. It is the first time I have done a feather and fans design, and I find that the number of yarn-overs make it slower to knit. It is like the amount of "give" in the stitch makes me have to re-learn the task of maintaining tension. I've done enough lace that I wouldn't have thought that this would be a problem, but it seems very different from any other pattern. Maybe it is the yarn...? I'm using Panda Silk DK. I really like the feel of it. I'll be using it again sometime. It does separate easily because it doesn't have much of a twist, but I think it is worth working with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment