Sunday, January 22, 2012

Nothing new!





Yesterday's knitting was counter-productive. Literally. I removed 10 inches of the lace edging on my current project! The farther I knitted past the corner that I had just completed, the worse it looked. Mostly, the issue was a counting problem. I had skipped attaching the edging on rows where it should have been attached, and attached it on rows that should have been skipped. That's what I get for multi-tasking. I almost always knit with either the TV or an audiobook playing. I am currently re-doing the corner and 8 inches of straight edging that I frogged. I guess I shouldn't have started my own Stargate marathon while trying to turn a corner.

Today was one of those days. No, my knitting wasn't counter-productive. My arthritis just decided that I shouldn't be productive in anything. Last night, my husband and I went with my sister and brother-in-law to see Underworld Awakening in 3D. Loved it! However, the minimal effort of eating dinner and sitting in the theater was apparently more than my knees (and hips and back and...you get the idea) could stand. I spent the night (until about 5:45 am) with so much joint pain that I couldn't sleep. That meant I slept until noon, and then spent a lot of time trying to get rid of the morning stiffness. It is rare that I bother to use my cane around the house because of the short distances that I am moving, but it was a cane-around-the-house kind of day. I did get some knitting done after I was able to take my weekly shot to get rid of some of the inflammation. I did 20 rows, which sounds fantastic except that each row is only about 20 stitches.

I downloaded a library audiobook: Hungry for You by Lyndsay Sands. That should keep me laughing for a day or two while I re-knit 6 more inches of edging.


No comments:

Post a Comment