Monday, January 19, 2009

Hooray for holidays!

Three day weekend! I am enjoying my leisurely breakfast this morning. You would think that I would have been really productive this weekend, but I have been plagued by that kind of "creative ADD" that hits me pretty often. I have worked on the Twinkleberry socks...(well, untangling the yarn that I managed to tangle), an afghan for my dad, and a new project with some Artyarns mohair/silk. The problem is that I spent more time looking for what pattern I want to use on the mohair than I have spent on actually making it.

...so...I don't have much progress on anything. I do have a baby bonnet that I finished last week. Take a look.



It is not my best photography by far, but you can see the basic work. I love the way the alternating yarn overs make the border look like a row of netting where it attaches to the back. This is for a co-worker of my DH. She found out that she is having a girl, and I immediately had to do something girly. Since most of my knitting is for me, my mom and my sister, I don't get to do girly stuff that much. I don't like to wear it, but it sure is fun to knit. This design came from the book Blanket, Hats, and Booties to Knit and Crochet by Kristin Spurklund. It was very easy to follow. My picture does not do the design justice.

Time for me to get back to my day off. It's a hard life, isn't it? I should be cleaning the house, so I'll at least do dishes and a load of laundry. Other than that? I'll be reading the Keri Arthur novel The Darkest Kiss and I'll be knitting! Woohoo!

Cocoa needed equal time, so he posed for a kitty shot.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog! I love your baby bonnet. It has that lacy Victorian look to it, which I simply adore for babies. And I have to confess that I knit pink girly clothes for friends' babies and daughters... I like the patterns, but it's simply not my style.

    I hope you had a great 3 day weekend and got to pet Cocoa lots!

    ReplyDelete