Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I caught the most recent cold that is going around and it went straight to my chest, so I won't be posting much today. Pictures will have to wait until I am up and moving again. At least I can post from the laptop while reclining on the couch.

Today's knitting/sanity session involves socks for my mom. I found a great free pattern, and it even uses the same yarn that I am using. That almost never happens. I am always having to calculate a gauge change or change needle sizes because I can't manage to make a pattern as it is written. This one, though, is a simple but pretty lace pattern for a nice stretchy sock. I am using Regia yarn that is silk and wool! It is incredibly soft. I'll add a link to the pattern and a picture of the project when I finally move from the couch, which I'm not planning on doing today. Maybe it was a bad day to start the blog, but you have to start somewhere.

The dogs are enjoying the company. First the two little ones had a stand-off to see which one ranked highest. The winner (the minpin, of course) had the honor of sitting in the middle of my chest. Since I can't breathe well today, that didn't last long. Big dog (Maxey, the sheltie mix) is just happy to have a human in the house. She doesn't have to go berserk and climb onto every kitchen counter when someone is home. I wish she knew that she didn't need to do it even when we're NOT home.
Time to call the dr. and the pharmacy...Here's hoping that no one else has this (but knowing that many more probably do).

1 comment:

  1. Great blog! Craig has had that junck this week as well, ick!

    ReplyDelete