Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Little Project

Since I haven't been able to knit (much less DO) anything in the last day or so, I've included a cute picture of MG. Last year I taught the crochet club at our school. I made up this little purse as an example to show the students what we were going to make at one of the meetings. MG became so fascinated with the purse that I put it around his neck.

He seemed to LOVE it. He pranced around showing it off to the others fur kids, and he modeled it for us even though he hates the camera! (The flash is too bright for his little eyes.) It was the greatest success I've ever had with a 15 minute project. It just goes to show that everyone loves handmade items if it is the right project for the person (er, dog.) Unfortunately, the students were less than enthusiastic about it.

In the picture, you can catch a glimpse of Cocoa, our chocolate point Siamese cat. (His original mistress gave him the name, and I didn't have the heart to change it to something from TV or cars, like I usually pick.) Cocoa doesn't really like the dogs, so he likes to hide behind the baby gate that we used when he first came to stay with us. He is the only cat I know who can't (or at least won't) jump over a two foot fence. He likes having the guest suite all to himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment